Senior Functional Application Consultant
Location and Travel
- East Coast and Midwest
- 60-85% (Monday to Thursday)
As a Functional Application Consultant you will be part of a team of professionals responsible for the implementation of workforce management software solutions. Consultants participate in the full lifecycle of a client's implementation, ensuring sound design, development, testing and migration practices throughout the process.
- Contribute to successful implementations and customer satisfaction as a key member of project implementation teams.
- Work directly with customer's project team to understand their business needs and translate those business needs into specifications which provide a clear picture of how the solution will solve their needs
- Participate in the gathering of detailed client system requirements. This will include engaging and interviewing client subject matter experts (and others), workshop leadership, reviewing client-provided materials and documentation, and offering existing personal and Hackett Group knowledge as part of the solutions.
- Analyze gathered requirements and research potential solutions.
- Design, develop, and document processes and procedures.
- Interpret policies and employee contracts in preparation for application configuration. Configure applications for use under those interpretations.
- Develop criteria, scripts, scenarios, and data cases for testing systems and applications.
- Participate in the full lifecycle of a client engagement including Best Practice Assessment, Business Process Analysis, Design, Build, Test, Training and Deployment.
- Develop an understanding of the capabilities and limitations of workforce management applications so as to properly and creatively use features and modules to meet client needs.
- Maintain familiarity with current workforce management vendor offerings
- Collaborate with Technical Application Consultants to write design specifications.
- Research, document, configure and test functional elements
- Understanding of employee scheduling principles within a variety of industries (health care, retail, manufacturing, transportation)
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Degree/diploma in technology or business.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Business Analysis, IT consulting, Software Integration.
- Understanding of and experience with application architectures (client/server, web, database).
- Experience writing database queries in SQL and/or performing pivot table analysis.
- Some programming experience would be preferred.
- Must be comfortable in a lead role, working independently, and with limited supervision.
- Superior client management, communication, presentation and time management skills.
- Proven ability to write clear and concise requirements and design specifications.
- Ability to explain technical solutions to non-technical parties.
- Proven experience with large scale enterprise software implementations.
- Proven ability to analyze and solve problems.
- (The Senior Functional Application Consultant position requires a minimum of three years implementation experience with the Kronos workforce management software system. Candidates with experience in other workforce management solutions such as SAP, Workbrain, Peoplesoft, Oracle, Cybershift, Workforce Software, Timera, JDA) may also be considered for the senior role.)