Senior Technical Application Consultant
Location and Travel
- East Coast USA, Chicago, Toronto
- 60-85% (Monday to Thursday)
As a Technical Application Consultant, you will be part of a team of professionals responsible for the implementation of workforce management software solutions. Technical Application Consultants participate in the full lifecycle of a client's implementation, ensuring sound design, development, testing and migration practices throughout the process.
- Contribute to successful implementations and customer satisfaction as a key member of project implementation teams.
- Participate in the full lifecycle of a client implementation including Preparation, Architecture, Construction, and Migration.
- Implement large scale workforce management solutions for clients in the areas that include Time and Attendance, Scheduling, Balance Tracking, Attendance Management, and Data Collection Devices.
- Develop an understanding of the capabilities and limitations of workforce management applications, architectures, database schemas, and development tools so as to properly and creatively use features to meet client needs.
- Collaborate with Functional Application Consultants to write design specifications.
- Provide expertise in application performance, scalability, reliability and security.
- Ensure solutions conform to current industry standards as well as to The Hackett Group's internal guidelines and standards.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Understand the components of Workforce Management, including Time and Attendance, Leave, Scheduling, Balance Tracking, Attendance Management, Analytics and Data Collection Devices.
- Minimum of 3 years IT consulting experience and exposure to all phases of software development
- Degree/diploma in Computer Science, Engineering and/or Mathematics.
- Proven experience with one or more of the following: Workforce Connect, Workforce Integration Manager, RDL, XML, Process Manager, Employee Self Service
- Minimum 2 years of experience with database technologies (Oracle, SQL Server) including normalization, constraints, indexes, triggers, and SQL.
- Experience with Unix/Linux and other operating systems as well as different application server offerings.
- Proven experience with large scale full cycle client-based enterprise software implementations.
- Proven ability to analyze and solve problems
- Effective communication and technical writing skills
- Proven ability to write clear and concise requirements and design specifications.
- (The Senior Technical Application Consultant role requires a minimum of three years implementation experience with the Kronos workforce management software system. Candidates with experience in other workforce management solutions may also be considered.)