Strategy and Operations Consulting Manager
Chicago, IL and New York, NY
Managers are primarily responsible for day to day project execution and additional business development. They apply well-honed consulting, project management, and functional skills in the management of major project components or entire projects. Further, Managers are involved in business development such as project diagnostics, proposal development, and sales calls.
- Scoping and planning client engagements
- Managing teams to complete client work in accordance with established budget, workplans, and quality standards
- Identifying and resolving issues critical to the clients' strategic and operational success
- Providing technical/functional content
- Developing and presenting conclusions and recommendations to senior client management
- Providing solution implementation assistance as required
- Developing leading industry insight to present to clients
- Managing client relationships and reporting project progress
- Leading, coaching, developing and supervising the efforts of junior staff
- 7+ years of related consulting or industry experience showing progression/promotion
- Outstanding analytical capability
- Demonstrated experience with strategy and operations within one or more targeted industries
- The ability to effectively operate independently and in a team environment as well as manage people and project workplans
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- An MBA or other relevant advanced degree from a top educational institution
- In addition to the qualifications listed above, the firm places high emphasis on relevant personal qualities: entrepreneurial, creative, imaginative, resourceful, independent, motivated, professional and collaborative.
- Applicants must be willing and able to travel to client work locations up to five days/week.