Enabling world-class HR operations
In today’s business environment, organizations need HR to serve as a proactive, collaborative partner to the business. This requires new, agile and differentiated approaches to HR operations. Yet most HR functions today remain largely focused on processing transactions instead of efforts to increase value and enable enterprise goals for growth.
To achieve world-class HR operations, organizations must focus on two urgent priorities. They must structure the HR organization to deliver services more efficiently and effectively, and they must implement technology to fully automate transactions, increase productivity of HR and improve employee and manager experience.
The Hackett Group®, a leading global strategy and operations consulting firm, provides deep insight that can help clients to develop and implement a world-class strategy for HR operations. Through extensive research and benchmarking, we understand what it takes to establish and sustain excellence in HR. Our consulting services span the spectrum of HR processes and functions to help identify and adopt capabilities that deliver maximum value from HR organizations.
Requirements for successful HR operations
The Hackett Group’s research has revealed that companies with world-class HR operations operate at 33% lower cost than their peers while enabling a 40% advantage in productivity. Research also revealed six areas where organizations must excel in order to achieve world-class performance.
World-class HR organizations lead their field in using technology to automate areas such as onboarding, payroll, staffing and training.
Data and analytics
Successful HR organizations have strong capabilities in automating knowledge processes and building data architecture that generates insights and enables self-service reporting and analysis.
Cloud-based modern architecture
The most effective HR organizations are at the forefront of modernizing architecture, migrating applications to the cloud and integrating data from disparate sources.
Operating model evolution
World-class HR operations require operating models that have evolved from labor-centric to technology-centric. This allows an HR organization to reallocate resources across its service portfolio, shifting focus to meet higher value needs of the business.
End-to-end process design and ownership
Advanced HR organizations are significantly ahead of peers in their ability to oversee and govern the process, data and technology capabilities that allow the business to deliver expected outcomes.
Successful HR operations require highly skilled business enablement leaders with advanced analytical acumen and the technical IQ to deliver operational efficiency through intelligent automation and digitization of work.
The Hackett Group: HR strategy and execution
As consultants and advisors to leading HR organizations, The Hackett Group offers proven strategies that help companies excel in operational efficiency and effectiveness. Our teams support organizations in all aspect of strategy concerning HR operations.
Our services include:
- Benchmarking performance to identify gaps between current performance and the performance of world-class HR organizations. Our research can reveal exactly how HR strategy and processes compare to peers and where there are areas for improvement.
- Assessing alternative service delivery models, including options for HR outsourcing, offshoring or shared service organizations.
- Developing HR strategy that is driven by proven best practices while remaining client-centric. When partnering with The Hackett Group, HR organizations can leverage a repository of proprietary best business practices to fashion a successful strategy for service delivery design and talent management.
- Executing strategy for HR operations, including building a strong business case for transformation, preparing an implementation roadmap, and developing results-oriented HR metrics.
With The Hackett Group, HR organizations can:
- Reduce costs and redirect savings to higher-value activities.
- Drive workforce innovation in HR organizations.
- Identify and mitigate talent risks.
- Collaborate with business leaders in new and more effective ways.
- Meet and exceed enterprise objectives for greater productivity and improved performance.
Comprehensive services for HR operations
The Hackett Group offers a comprehensive combination of capabilities and resources, including:
- HR Executive Advisory. Service provides timely assistance, best-practice insights and guidance from experienced senior business advisors who have been involved in building world-class HR operations across a variety of industries.
- HR Benchmarking. The Hackett Group provides unparalleled benchmarking information and access to a proprietary Best Practice Intelligence Center™ – a repository of processes, benchmark data and best practices.
- HR Transformation Consulting. Our HR consulting services help redesign HR strategy, processes, organizations and supporting technology to deliver immediate and lasting value.
- Human Capital Management. We implement and integrate the world’s leading solutions for human capital management (HCM), enabling organizations to move beyond disjointed systems and inefficient processes to better attract and retain employees.
Why choose The Hackett Group?
The Hackett Group is an intellectual property-based strategic consultancy and an enterprise benchmarking firm to leading companies around the world. Our services are based on knowledge and best practices drawn from unparalleled IP developed through nearly 26,000 benchmark studies with the world’s leading businesses.
With The Hackett Group, organizations seeking to improve HR operations can benefit from:
- Proprietary insight. From insightful benchmarking data and proven intellectual property, we offer resources that help organizations pursue world-class HR performance.
- Deep experience. Through numerous implementations of cloud HCM solutions, our team has developed the knowledge and experience to establish customized solutions for any business.
- Faster time to value. Our rapid deployment methodologies enable organizations to get cloud services and applications up and running in weeks, rather than months.
What are HR operations?
HR operations comprise the people and processes in a human resources department responsible for managing administrative tasks, ensuring compliance, recruiting prospects, onboarding new hires, supporting workers, and offboarding employees as they leave the organization.
What is the value world-class HR operations?
When performed at the highest levels, HR operations can help organizations to substantially reduce costs, increase productivity, minimize errors, and reduce the time required to fill positions. The most advanced HR operations serve as a strategic advisor to business leaders, helping to manage and support the workforce in ways that enable businesses success.
What is The Hackett Group?
The Hackett Group is a leading global strategy and operations consulting firm, with particular expertise in performance benchmarking and business process change. The company’s services include digital transformation, implementation of leading enterprise cloud applications, workflow automation and analytics that enable Digital World Class® performance.