- GBS Strategy
Global Business Services Strategy: From transaction-centric to source of competitive advantage and value
World-class global business services (GBS) organizations have moved beyond providing cost-reduction benefits to also delivering value and support at the strategic level. In fact, our recent research shows these organizations are:
- Six times more likely than peers to exceed business expectations for their contribution to enterprise agility
- Six times more likely to meet or exceed cost-reduction targets
- Four times more likely to maintain or improve service performance targets
While most companies have adopted a shared services model in some part of their business, few have successfully integrated business services across all or most support functions into a true, world-class GBS organization. Where does your organization fall on the GBS capability maturity model?
Accelerate your journey toward world-class GBS performance
Based on our extensive research of world-class enterprises, we understand what it takes to establish and sustain value-producing business services. We view GBS organizations as strategic enablers of business performance by delivering cost-effective and flexible service and operational excellence across finance and accounting, information technology (IT), strategic sourcing and procurement, human resources and other functions. And we apply that perspective as we work with GBS organizations at many of the world’s leading companies to define and measure their contributions and raise their capabilities, performance and – ultimately – value.
What makes the difference?
Our GBS strategy consulting covers the entire spectrum of GBS processes and operations. We begin by helping you define the right service delivery model for your business. Then, our experienced team can address any of the strategic and operational dimensions that impact business performance, such as organizational design (including whether and to what extent outsourcing is the “right” answer), business process reengineering, technology enablement, information requirements, and skills and talents.
We can provide the right combination of capabilities, resources and approach to help you identify and adopt world-class capabilities and deliver maximum value from your GBS organization:
- Global business services executive advisory
- Global business services benchmarking
- Global business services transformation consulting
Our clients deliver value through the ability to:
- Reduce costs and redirect savings to higher-value activities
- Achieve operational excellence
- Define and develop a service management framework well aligned with your business units
- Employ key attributes of an effective governance model
- Position service delivery to produce the highest customer satisfaction levels