- GBS Strategy
- GBS Benchmarking
Global Business Services Benchmarking: How well does your GBS organization measure up to world class?
According to our latest research, world-class GBS organizations deliver significant cost savings in year one, primarily through labor arbitrage. After that, they outperform the peer group across the board in terms of percentage improvements over the past 12 months, with the greatest gains in the areas of productivity and quality.
Is your shared-services or global business services organization delivering the value it could?
Unrivaled insight that drives business transformation
Our GBS services offer access to the unrivaled benchmarking information and resources of The Hackett Group’s proprietary Best Practices Intelligence Center™ a repository of critical processes, benchmark data and business best practices developed from more than 11,000 business-benchmarking projects conducted at the world’s leading companies.
Our benchmark data gives insight into the business performance and GBS best practices of peers and world-class organizations. This insight includes more than 1,000 GBS metrics related to governance, service management, operating model and process delivery performance. These metrics can help you:
- Understand current capabilities and the progress of your business transformation efforts
- Assess business performance relative to value and strategy
- Identify and prioritize improvement opportunities that offer the greatest potential return
- Highlight and address areas of risk
- Plan, manage and accelerate your journey to operational excellence
What makes the difference?
Our global business services benchmarking focuses on three drivers of world-class GBS performance:
- Factors that drive demand for GBS services such as process efficiency versus effectiveness, service penetration and service management
- Structural factors such as business practices, strategies, service delivery model, staffing levels, skill sets and technologies used
- Execution/realization of value, including business performance as measured by costs, productivity, resource allocation and value
We use our proprietary business benchmarking methodology to quantify your gap to world class – comparing your GBS organization’s ability to execute efficiently (cost and productivity) and effectively (quality and value). We examine comparable organizations so you can see how the best do it and define continuous process improvement steps relevant to your own GBS operations.
Impact beyond your global business services organization
The Hackett Performance Exchange™ automatically leverages data from SAP® or Oracle® systems to calculate cost-reduction opportunities, compare performance across the enterprise, and produce timely end-to-end process insights.
- An executive summary that highlights key findings and recommendations
- A detailed comparison of global business services performance to the statistical mean and world-class organizations, across the processes measured
- Analysis of the root causes of complexity and assessment of the value of business services delivered, drawing from benchmark comparisons and stakeholder feedback
- Identification of best practices required to achieve targeted efficiencies and identification of areas at risk due to under-investment
- Targeted recommendations presented in boardroom-level, results-oriented business terms