Four Best Practices for Implementing a Source-to-Pay Technology: Technology Transformation at a Major Convenience Store Retailer
With an aggressive target for growth, this convenience store retailer acquired multiple companies to expand its overall reach in the United States. Typical of companies growing inorganically, there was a strong desire to take advantage of synergies across operating companies, especially within shared services areas such as procurement. One of the first steps was implementing a common source-to-pay technology that would drive effectiveness, efficiency and a common process across various business units.
This paper highlights the following:
- How one company selected a SaaS source-to-pay platform to meet its unique business needs
- Key best practices for delivering next-generation source-to-pay capabilities
- Designing an effective delegation of authority (DOA) policy within the procure-to-pay process
- Results and benefits achieved through a transformative implementation project
- Recommended technology configurations to deliver next-generation purchasing capabilities through source-to-pay technologies, Recommended technology configurations to deliver next-generation purchasing capabilities through source-to-pay technologies