- Shared and Global Business Services
Shared Services: Achieve Operational Excellence
For more than a decade, major organizations have used shared services centers to perform transactional finance, IT, human resources, and/or procurement activities – generating billions of dollars in savings and significant process improvement benefits.
Today, many of these organizations are retooling their shared services strategies – making them part of a broader global business services model that encompasses services provided both in house and by third-party outsourcing providers.
How well does your organization’s service strategy support its enterprise performance management goals?
The Hackett Group Understands World-Class Shared Services.
Recent studies by The Hackett Group have found that average and top performing organizations differ substantially in the benefits they derive from shared services. Top performers not only achieve cost savings; they also realize better quality service and sustainable performance optimization.
The Hackett Group is a leading global strategy and operations consulting firm with deep experience and expertise in shared services design and implementation across all major industries and business functions. We understand and can help you employ the best practices that drive operational excellence:
- Build leadership support
- Foster a performance-oriented culture and a passion for continuous process improvement
- Understand and satisfy the needs of internal customers
- Utilize technology in support of process, rather than the other way around
- Develop the skills and attitudes that can transform a service organization into a center of excellence
The Role of Talent in GBS
Acquisition, development and retention of talent is the common element of world-class GBS. With the right mix of talent, GBS can become an indispensable partner to the business and a value-adding component in the delivery of business services. However, GBS leaders are so concerned about their ability to attract and retain qualified talent that they ranked it as the number-one risk to their ability to operate.
Why Choose The Hackett Group as Your Global Business Services Partner?
Backed our proprietary Best Practices Intelligence Center™ – a repository of process metrics, benchmark data and process best practices developed from more than 15,000 projects conducted at the world’s leading companies – The Hackett Group can help you:
- Benchmark your current performance relative to peers and world-class performers
- Determine the appropriate scope of and select the ideal location for your shared services organization
- Decide whether and to what extent to incorporate functional process outsourcing – such as finance outsourcing, IT outsourcing, human resources outsourcing, or procurement outsourcing
- Manage your transformation to new or expanded global business services
With offices in the Americas, Europe and Asia and clients in nearly 60 countries, our team can help you navigate global process transformation challenges. We have provided business advisory and executive advisory solutions to nearly 5,300 companies across the globe, including 97 percent of the Dow Jones Industrial Index companies, 89 percent of the Fortune 100 and 87 percent of the DAX 30-helping deliver more than $90 billion in sustainable cost savings and more than $25 billion in improved cash flow.