Job Losses From Digital Transformation to Exceed Offshoring Impact in Next 5 Years
Digital transformation, in conjunction with ongoing offshoring, is projected to result in a decline in demand for jobs in business services totaling between 1.4 and 1.5 million FTEs in North America and Western Europe by 2022. While significant, the impact of digital transformation on jobs in finance, procurement, IT and HR can be met and managed through a combination of natural attrition, reallocation of resources, redefinition of roles, and most importantly, new roles created in the digital era.
Download and learn:
- Learn the magnitude of predicted business services job losses within next 5 years due to digital transformation
- Know three main factors that triggered the transition from the automation era to the digital area in business services
- See a historical analysis of trends in business services jobs from 2012 to 2017
- Understand why finance jobs will continue to shrink the fastest
- Identify key strategies to manage the people-centric, change management aspects of digital transformation